UPDATE from Technical Committee co-Chair, Jo Assael:
The International Superyacht Society’s Technical Committee with liaison status at the International Standards Organisation (ISO) has been working on ISO standards development within the Large Yacht Sub-Committee (ISO TC8/SC12).
The following standards are in progress. If you would like to become an International Superyacht Society representative for the development of any of these international standards, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ISO AWI 11336-1: Materials, framing and testing of independent glazed openings
• ISO AWI 11336-2: Structural support, installation and testing of glazed openings integrated into adjacent structures
• ISO AWI 11336-3: Quality assurance, installation and in-service inspection
• ISO AWI 11336-4: Non-linear / special calculation methods for large windows
• ISO AWI 11336-5: Glazed bulwarks, barrier and protective glazing for marine application
• ISO AWI 22820: Elevators and Lifting Platforms
• ISO AWI 22832: Rescue Boat Launching Appliances
• ISO AWI 19494: Coatings: Exterior application processes and inspection methods
• ISO AWI 22822: Dynamic positioning
• ISO AWI 22833: Assessment of composite rigging installation
• ISO AWI 22834: Quality assessment of life onboard -- Part 1: Stabilization/sea keeping
• ISO AWI 22828: Management of health and safety risks associated with the storage, handling, generation and use of isocyanates in the workplace
• ISO WD 22482: Navigational bridge visibility for super yachts
Should you believe that there is a role for standardization within your part of the large yacht sector, please contact us as the Technical Committee can raise proposals at ISO for new work items on your behalf.